Wow wow and wow. Would you believe it if I told you I dream of writing on this blog nearly every other day. And I know I didn't and haven't, but the heart continues to yearn.
The kids are growing too fast. Ilan doesn't sound like a little kid anymore. In fact he sounds much like the school-going kid that he is. Sobssss
And Gibran. Gosh where do I start. Gibran started stinking a little like a teenage boy. And he's started sulking a little too (a little much...??!) just like a teenage boy. Not merely preteen. Urgh the world is an ugly ugly place when you realise your innocent baby is growing into an annoying pre-adolescent.
I never even mentioned the homeschooling thing did I??? Well blogger app is one of the worst app I've ever used and the few times I tried blogging in 2016, and the posts hung or disappeared so I gave it up. Anyway let's see if I can return to this old habit. I hope I can.
So yes. Gibran is homeschooled. Since September 2016. He's pretty much finished grade 6 lessons. And he's only 10. Ilan suddenly learned to read on his own (in school la I guess lolllllllll he just came back reading really smoothly!).. and is surprising me everyday just how academic he is masya Allah. He goes to this tiny, home-based kindy in ttdi. Such a contrast from the kindies I chose for gibran years ago. How much I've changed as a mum!
Time. So... Untouchable. Yet we still strive to hold on to some remnants of it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment