Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Finally Yum...

Reading karenyiau's blog and her various yummy recipes, I was hit with an idea that SHOULD've appeared in my head weeks ago (duh! I read a lot of baby recipes websites!)... Gibran doesn't want certain foods on their own.... why not mix em into something that I know he likes already??

Harrummph. What a ridiculously blur mummy.

So, yesterday night (Friday night) I decided to give Gibran his usual steamed-and-mashed apples with a spoonful of rice cereal (I know I know!! I have to swallow back my words in previous post; "definitely the last time I'll give rice cereal to him" konon! Teeheehee.. *sheepish*). I know he's thankfully not allergic to these two components...so mixed em together...left about a third of the mashed apple on the side just in case. Good thing too! He stuck out his tongue and went "ueeerrkkk" at first when he tasted the apples-rice-cereal combo, so what I did was, I scooped a bit of cereal, and then scooped a bit of his mashed apple so that the first thing his tongue would taste is the mashed apple! That way he'd open his mouth to accept the food, right? Right! Yayyyyy!!!

SCORE ONE FOR MUMMY!

This afternoon (Saturday) I decided to give him steamed mashed banana (uncooked mashed banana is a bit chunky for the little guy, and he doesn't seem to like the starchy texture).. with the leftover Heinz Strawberry and Banana Custard that he had yesterday afternoon. SCORED AGAIN! Yayyyyy mummy! (Angkat bakul laaaa what elseee).. The little guy ate it all up! (Except for a wee bit of the custard which of course mummy licked clean. Yum.)

So perseverence and patience aren't the only keys after all. The most important key, as I have discovered...is CREATIVITY.

Thank you Mummy Yiau for jump-starting my creativity. Heheheheee!

Every mom needs a reminder every now and then :D

As usual must have pictures yeahhh..

Took this one last night after husband and I came back from our "dinner date" at Burger King One Utama (totally pigged out, I tell you). There's a scratch on Gibran's left cheek, very long one..don't know how he got it because he was left with his Bibik and Wan (my mom)...noone knew where he got it! Tsk tsk...


This afternoon I came down to see my two boys playing together, and Baba had put Gib's napkin around his head like an Arab Sheikh!


We were in the mood to take more pictures of our little model, so we put on the little visor cap thingy that his grand-aunt (husband's aunty) gave him. A bit tight on that big head but doesn't it look just darling!


Can you notice our little guy is gaining back the weight he'd lost during his month-long bout of illnesses?! I don't want to be too excited coz so afraid I'd jinx it!

5 comments:

Fini said...

haiyooo...so cute....congrats on the solids venture....creativity is the way to go!!!nanti when it is daanya's turn i'll be sure to turn to you for tips and advice ya...:)

Princess Mom said...

Those are real nice close up pics of Gib

mommy of 3 angels said...

aiyooo so cute with all his diff head gears.

Baby Darren said...

The scratch probably due to his fingernails. Darren always get scratches around this age.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

fini; hehehe..with some luck, hopefully daanya's more willing to eat than gib was at first. teehee. but don't worry, we're here for u!

hmom and mommy of 2 angels; thank you! i'm actually not a very good photographer so am glad those pics turned out okay. hehehe

mummy darren; yaa i think its due to his fingernails. they grow so quickly! like claws, i tell u!! i have to cut them ever 2 days. alamak..