Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Happy 6 Months!

Today you turn 6 months old, Gib!!!

My God how time has flown. Looking at you now I cannot believe 6 months have passed since you were born...my little huneyy..

This is how you were the first time Mummy laid eyes on you...Mummy was in a drugged-haze (from the anesthetic) and couldn't believe that you'd come from inside me!


Don't ask mummy..I don't know why they put you in a pink blankie whereas you deserve a blue one at least! Hehe. Well whatever it is, you looked good in whatever colour :)

Baba was there for us from Day 1, Gibby huney, physically and emotionally supporting us. Mummy was in another hospital the first 2.5 days of your life, but Mummy came to be by your side as soon as possible. This picture was taken when you were well on the road of recovery and we knew you were heading home soon with us :)


From the start you could reallyyyy drink. Boyyy could you drink! You'd spend hours on the breast and at last Mummy had to give up...give you pacifier. Else I wouldn't have gotten a blink of sleep! I guess you really love your milk. Nowadays you wake up every hour at night to feed. Mummy thinks maybe we have to introduce you to formula someday soon coz maybe formula can sustain your hunger longer at night...? Mummy's doing further research on that, so still a bit indecisive about that yet. Where breastfeeding is concerned, Mummy intends to breastfeed you as long as possible, but we'll see how much formula we'll have to mix in, ok hun..

Here's a photo one of the first times you breastfed. Seeing that you and I were both novice breastfeeders (from different aspects!).. I liked it when the lactation nurse said; "It's ok, Mummy and Gib...you'll learn together".


Now look at Mummy's little boy, Baba's little pet.. I love it when you cuddle against us and purr and laugh when we smother you with kisses. You're so manja and loveable and cuddly and we love you!


There. Our very own baby Koala in action :)

5 comments:

Fini said...

Happy 6 months Gibby....Kisses from me and little Daanya...I cannot help but be proud of you and your mummy's achievements...You guys do ring should you guys need anything..

Anonymous said...

happy 6 month old gibby! happy being a mommy for 6 months too.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

thank u fini and shaggy!!!!

shaggy; i'm glad ure sharing the milestones with us across the miles.. we miss u everyday. we'll never stop missing u!

fini; i'm definitely going to keep in touch :) and u can expect a visit frm me and gibby soon coz alhamdulillah our little fellow seems like he's well on the road to recovery now! (nose dah a lot less blocked! yay!)

Baby Darren said...

happy 6 months old, Gib!! Time really flies...

Regarding his every hr night time feed, probably he is taking you as his pacifier. I still remember Darren took me as his pacifier around 4 mths time and I got to substitute that with real pacifier to stop that habit.

Nadia said...

Happy 6 months darling! :) Love the last pic, so adorable gitu! Can I pinch his cheeks? Heh!