Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Scissor Happy = Hair Disaster

A very hard lesson was learned today. Being scissor happy would definitely lead to a hair disaster :( Sigh.

When we shaved Gib's hair off when he was about 2 months old, he was still a quiet baby who did not struggle much. Happily he sucked on the pacifier while we snapped his hair away. After that we even shaved all the stubbles off, leaving 2-month-old Gibran with a shiny botak-head.

He was due for a trim already..His hair had grown into every possible direction and I feel so mad towards husband when he calls Gibran "Mini-Jack Nicholson". Weh! That ol' guy is NOT goodlooking.

Ermmm.. but of course.. after a good hair-rumpling by husband..
See, here's our darling...


And here's the "orang tua miang keladi" Jack Nicholson..


It's so not funny!!!

So, mummy just had to take some actions already. Sister was already being her irritating-self by calling Gib "Jack Nicholson" everyday. "Good Morning Jack!"... "Hiiiiii Jackkk..what u doinnnn...."... mummy's beginning to get cross.

I bought this gadget thingy in Melbourne a couple of years back..it's a motorized eyebrow trimmer. Errmm yeah. I know you're already starting to think.. oh NO. Oh YESSSSS. I used it on his hair.

"Kak Nila, pegang kuat-kuat". That'd be me, instructing the maid.

"Iya Ning..Saya pegang..." Hmff.

Apparently not steady enough! One move and whack! ... Gib had hair that looked like a fungus-spot. One spot all bald. Gone! Eeeeeeee so geram! Ok ok it would be super convenient to put all the blame on Gibran's Bibik, but I know... bad idea on my part. "Tebal"kan muka yet once more in my life..asked dear ol' dad to give me a hand at correcting the mis-shaven-head/hair. All the while dear old father was singingggg lullabies in my ears. If you get what I mean lah.

By the time it was over, Gib's hair resembles one of the Three Stooges (or a mixture of the stooges). And I was in a rotten mood, emotionally and spiritually :( Sigh.


So now he looks like a combination of Moe and Larry (guy on the left + guy in the middle). Hair bald at the back (botak like Larry; ear-length downwards), and a mop of hair on top of his head (like Moe). Sort of a bit like Friar Tuck (the guy below..).


Took some pictures but since I'm still extremely annoyed and depressed, I'll upload them when I'm ready or when we've decided what to do with our Friar Stooge.

Sigh. And he had such beautiful, fine, soft hair too.


Yes, that's the "before" picture. Not "after".

10 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

hahahhahah....dun worry

me..done that too

thankfully...hair grows

Nadia said...

Hey babe, you ni kelakarlah. Haha. I can't imagine Gibby's hair. Haha. Ok, ok, better not laugh so much, nanti you'll get cross with me pulak. Teeheeheeeee..

Anyway, apesal tak bawak pergi barber or something? Irfan's first hair trim (we didn't let anyone shave his head masa cukur jambul) was when he was about 4+ months? My dad yang trimkan. Then when about 7 months, I trimmed the sides a bit. And after that I just sent him to the barber lah.Just dukung him, and let the barber cut. Give it a shotlah?

Anyway, you don't like Jack Nicholson ke? He's funnylah.. haha!

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

mommy of 2 angels; you too?! that's a comforting thought because now your two girls have pretty hair!!

nadia; waaaaaa i tell u, really should've brought to barber la! i didnt want to bring to barber because i thought he'd struggle harder but..now.. hmff!!

and i like jack as an actor but he aint a looker! kakakakaaa..

Mommibee says HI from Sydney said...

hhehe it's a quite an experience for u. cant wait to see the pics, hehe. the t-shirt that giv wore i the first pic, did u get that from Las Vegas? My friend bought Bee one from Las Vegas with the exact same writings, but it's a girl version, white with frilly bits like a dress.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

G; got that piece of clothing from husband's brother's wife. it's actually rompers, not quite t-shirt. think she bought it from a local store. it's nice isn't it?! bet phoebe looked darling in it..frills really suit her la! one day when i have a babygirl (teeheeee..), just watch me frill-her-up!

Princess Mom said...

I attempted to trim Harvynna's hair before (fringe) before and came out not too bad. But with a small baby, not so daring la - since they move so much.
Dont wory - it will grow back

Baby Darren said...

haha...funny...

that's why i never try to cut/trim darren's hair myself. Hub said rather send him for hairdresser but it's really expensive lah (RM20 per cut)..so now darren's hair so long, I still hesitate to send him there..daddy said this mommy really kedekut... can tie ponny tail on him already..haha

karenyiau said...

I dare not DIY this with Dillon, have been sending him to indian barber (RM5 each time), cheap & nice. :) Plan to keep his hair longer now so that can do some hairstyling, hahaha LOL

Sarah said...

Don't worry. Babies hair will grow fast! kan kan? Nice la you compared Gib with his last photo tu. So funny!

I wonder when Drakey's hair will grow. I hope when he starts day care/ pre-school the hair will grow already. Kesian dia botak haha.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

hmom; yeahhh i definitely learned my lesson! babies squirm toooo much laa. and I thought that maybe if i gave him pacifier or something, he'd be preoccupied, but apparently he's too busy-body so don't want to sit still :p

mummy darren; darren's hair is that long issit?? i think his hair is cool! your darren is so adorable, i really feel like want to cubit-cubit his cheeks.

karenyiau; ahh no wonder dillon's hair is so short and neat! does he sit quietly and nicely when he goes to the barbers?? how do u keep him sitting still?

phantasma; insyaAllah, i think drakey's hair will definitely grow! hehehhe..u ni kann...i'm sure by pre-school years he'll have hair already (ingat takk dulu Adam pun botak-chin)..